Activities Supporting Chernobyl Survivors
- We are supporting Chernobyl nuclear disaster survivors in Kiev, Ukraine.
In 2008, we invited a doctor from the Ukraine to Japan. After attending our annual conference and hearing to presentations there, he worked with us to introduce yoga therapy in Kiev.
- In January 2009, we conducted our first yoga therapy sessions in Kiev. We have continued doing so twice a year.
- Since 2010, a doctor also travels with our yoga therapist group and regularly collects medical data (blood tests, brain waves, saliva samples, etc.)
- From these regular medical tests, we are finding that abnormal active oxygen levels are returning close to normal.
- On 2012 Aug 29, we announced some of the results at the 12th International Congress of Behavioral Medicine in Budapest.
- We plan to continue sharing our findings.
Supporting Survivors of the Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami
- In 2011 we began activities to support survivors of the Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan, using what we have learned from our experiences with Chernobyl survivors.
- To enable people to do their own practice each morning and evening, we have distributed 17,000 DVDs with two 20-minute programs.
- We sent certified yoga therapist volunteers to different areas to conduct yoga therapy sessions in various parts of Japan.
- We hope to reach 10,000 people overcome their trauma through our yoga classes at evacuation centers.
- At present, we are continuing our activities to support those evacuated around Japan.