- Conducted research at NASA and was a consultant at Harvard University’s Engineering Science Laboratory
- Returned to India in 1975 and began working at the Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Sansthana (SVYASA) .
- Recognizing his contribution to yoga therapy research as a medical advisory at SVYASA, the British Medical Association has recognized him with lifetime membership.
- Began working at the Kaivalyadhama Yoga Research Institute in Maharashtra State, India in 1959, after graduating from Nagapur Medical University. Headed of the above institute's Gupta Yoga Hospital.
- Taught anatomy and physiology as it relates to yoga practice and principles, contributing greatly to the academic development of yoga therapy.
- Became a professor at Kaivalyadhamayoga Research Institute (the Institute was later recognized by the Indian government). Collaborated with researchers in Czechoslovakia, Russia, Iran, and other countries in clinical research. Contributed many articles to Kaivalyadhama Yoga Research Institute’s "Yoga Mimamsa”.
- Belongs to the All India Medical Research Institute.
- Retired In 1995 and became a guest lecturer at the National Yoga Research Center in New Delhi. Worked as an advisor to the Indian government.
- Continues doing workshops and seminars on yoga education and therapy for teachers, medical professionals and other therapists in the EU, N American and other countries.
MBBS, MD, FRCP (Edinburgh), FICA (USA) is the Chief Yoga Therapy Consultant and Dean of the Division of Yoga and Life Sciences at SVYASA. She combines her medical training along with her deep understanding of yoga in leading the health centre. She heads the therapy division for asthma, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, cancer and other ailments. Dr. Nagarathna serves as an advisor and guide for Ph.D students at SVYASA. Dr. Nagarathna has several awards to her credit including the "Doctor's Day Award" by IMA, Bangalore. She is a Member of the Royal College of Physicians, Fellow of International College of Angiology, US, Life Member of Association of Physicians of India, Member of Third World Organization for Women in Science, Third World Academy of Sciences, Trieste, Italy, Member of American Society for the Psychical Research (ASPR).
Director of Kyushu University Hospital
Graduated Kyushu University Faculty of Medicine.
1982-84 Clinical Research Scientist at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation 1993 Professor at Kyushu University of Psychosomatic Medicine.
Societies: Chair of Kyushu University Society of Psychosomatic Medicine, Japanese Society of Psychosomatic Medicine, Japanese Society of Autogenic Therapy, The Japanese NAIKAN Medical Association Chairperson, Japanese Society of Psychosomatic Internal Medicine, Japanese Association of Stress Science, Japanese Society of Mood Disorders, Japanese Society of Transactional Analysis, Japan Society of Integrative Medicine
Executive of Japanese Society of Internal Medicine.
1994 Chairperson of The Asian College of Psychosomatic Medicine,
2009 President of International College of Psychosomatic Medicine.
Professor Emeritus, Okayama University Medical School Department of Neuropsychology; Fukushima Medical University.
Expertise: Epilepsy, brain waves (biological, psychological), psychosomatic disorders, panic disorder, psychoimmunology
Societies: of Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology, Japanese Society of Psychosomatic internal Medicine, Japanese Association for Alternative, Complementary and Traditional Medicine, Japanese Society of Psychosomatic Medicine, Japan Ayuruveda Society, Japan Society of Integrative Medicine.